The Town of Carrboro, along with the Town of Chapel Hill and Orange County, is rolling out changes to the human services funding process for Fiscal Year 2024-2025.
These changes aim to improve the experience for nonprofit organizations seeking funding for community programs and services.
The Towns and County are transitioning to an online portal for application submission administered through the Town of Chapel Hill’s website. This new system will provide a more efficient and user-friendly process for applicants and staff, eliminating the need for emailed submissions.
This change follows the implementation of several changes stemming from a racial equity assessment (http://www.carrboronc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/13808/Racial-Equity-Assessment-Lens-Summary?bidId=) of the Human Services Program in 2022. These changes include revising the funding application to include indicators used by the U.S. Census to allow for better tracking over time, and updating the scoring rubric used to evaluate applications to include racial equity.
To apply for funding or learn more:
- Application Orientation Session
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30 at the Southern Human Services Center
- 2501 Homestead Rd. Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
- This session provides an overview of the Human Services funding process and guidance to applicants on the new online platform.
- Virtual Q&A Sessions
- 9-10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 14
- 9-10:30 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 5
- These sessions offer an opportunity for applicants to ask questions and receive clarification on any aspects of the application process.
- Visit our Human Services Webpage
The human services funding application is now available. For more information contact Anne-Marie Vanaman at 919-918-7321 or Malia Summey at 919-918-7318, or email email@example.com.